Author Topic: Best places for Leaves - Vermont & Best time to visit 2017  (Read 833 times)

Offline leafphotographer

• View Profile
Best places for Leaves - Vermont & Best time to visit 2017
« on: October 02, 2017, 01:09:13 PM »
I live in MA and have never visited VT. I must go. This time due to the warm climate, I'm unsure when the leaves will turn. I planned to go this week, but since I hear there isn't much color, the next time I can leave is October 13. Is that too late? *bit worried*

I planned to do the following - Boston to Burlington (then come south) - Stowe - Waterbury - Bennington - Brattleboro farmer's market - Boston.

What is important to see / visit / add and what to delete from the itinerary, please?

Thank you!!

Offline Jeff Foliage

• Arboreal Oracle
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Best places for Leaves - Vermont & Best time to visit 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 01:50:17 PM »
Well, obviously this is too late but this year due to the warm temps there were no really great dates.. I found some nice color some weekends but the poster in this discussion said around the 17th of Oct he found great color in Smugglers Notch. Also the dirt road between E. Burke and Guildhall was very pretty about the same time.
Since you commute is short, I would plan to come up next year to the NEK around the 1st of Oct and do some of the NEK foliage festivals. Then the next weekend do Stowe and smugglers notch and Groton state park. The next week do Woodstock and the Jenne farm... doesn't do Mich for this year but might help for the next

FoliageForum.com

Re: Best places for Leaves - Vermont & Best time to visit 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 01:50:17 PM »